Kids in Nature, Glaciers & Wildlife Family Explorer
Watch your little adventurer's eyes light up at the majesty of Alaska.
Two days in Glacier Bay National Park offer an up-close look at glaciers, old-growth forests, and sea life. Plenty of activities to keep young explorers busy and learning.
- Explore parts of Glacier Bay National Park rarely seen by visitors as we explore the "Outback"
- Hike and bike through Chichagof Island - UnCruise has the only permits in this area
- Learn what it's like to live and work in the wild country of Alaska
- All day kayak and "yak-and-whack" opportunities
- Full days - from morning birding to evening skiff tours and kayaks to an evening campfire ashore
- Wildlife search - Humpback, orca, seals, bears, moose, puffins and other sea birds
- LeConte and Baird Glaciers
- Opportunities to hike, bike, kayak, paddle board, skiff, and bushwhack, all in one week
- Access to South Baranof Wilderness, rarely visited
- Get on land at with an Ideal Cove hike
- B= Breakfast L=Lunch D= Dinner
Your day-by-day details | Roundtrip Juneau, Alaska from $6300
DAY 1 Juneau Embarkation
DAY 2 Robert & Crow Islands
Get ready for a day tailor-made for families and young adventurers! Kids will learn by being captivating by educational nature with our trained guides. Head out on the water for a thrilling skiff tour or join a Kayak 101 class to get comfy on the water. View wildlife along the shore with narrative interpretation through the captivating world of marine life. Watch in awe as whales breach and dolphins play, a spectacle that will leave the entire family in awe. It's a day designed to spark curiosity and foster connection. Regroup in the lounge for board games and crafts to round out your day. (BLD)
DAY 3 LeConte Glacier & Ideal Cove
Today's activities are designed to captivate both young and mature adventurers. Our journey today revolves around the rhythmic dance of the tides. Listen closely in the morning, as the gentle embrace of ice against the Legacy's hull. Our main highlight is the awe-inspiring LeConte Glacier, where kids and families will stand in wonder before the southernmost tidewater glacier in the northern hemisphere. Later, we'll venture to Ideal Cove, a treasure trove for young explorers and the perfect setting for storytelling and naturalist interpretation. It's a day that will kindle kids love for the great outdoors and leave them with memories to cherish for a lifetime.
DAY 4 Cascade Creek & Baird Glacier
DAY 5 Patterson & Gut Bay Wilderness
DAY 6 Glacier Bay Outback
DAY 7 Tracy Arm & Sawyer Glacier
Wake up in the Glacier Bay National Park's "Outback" – it's like waking up in a secret world! Our ship visits super cool spots, like: Fern Harbor, Dundas Bay, or No Name Cove near Excursion Inlet. You'll have so many things to choose from: kayaking, paddle boarding, skiff excursions (think mini-boat adventures!), hiking, and even strolling along the beach. It's like a playground of nature activities. As the day winds down, it's time for Captain's Dinner. But that's not all – you'll also get to watch a slideshow of all the amazing things you've done this week. It's like a movie starring you, the incredible explorer for kids and families. (BLD)
DAY 8 Juneau Disembarkation
Welcome back to Juneau. Enjoy your last breakfast aboard. Check every nook and cranny of your cabin for all of your things and say farewell to the crew as we disembark, get that last family photo and wave goodbye until next time. (B)