Complement your exploration of Belize & Guatemala Wonders with a 3-night pre- or post-cruise land tour based at the Chaa Creek eco-resort, in the “heartland of the Maya” along the banks of the Macal River in Belize.
Travel to one of Belize’s first eco-resorts on this 3-night pre- or post-cruise land tour. Chaa Creek offers a jungle experience within a 400-acre private nature preserve paired with the casual luxury of gardens and villas.
Relax in the eco-friendly infinity pool or in palm-thatched cottages featuring private verandas designed to integrate the beauty of the jungle. Explore the onsite rainforest reserve, natural history center, butterfly exhibit, morning bird walk, Maya medicinal plant trail, and more.
Chaa Creek is located in the “heartland of the Maya” along the banks of the Macal River—prime for canoeing, horseback riding, nature walks, and access to Mayan temples and cave excursions. Chaa Creek’s “wildly civilized” setting and commitment to sustainable practices celebrate the beauty of Belize.
- Sunset canoeing
- Horseback riding
- Early morning birdwatching
- Creatures of the night tour
- Guided rainforest, butterfly farm, and medicinal trail walks
Belize City, Belize
From the international airport or the Safari Voyager, take in the changing scenery—with a possible stop at a Belize wildlife sanctuary—on your 2.5 hour transfer to western Belize. Settle in and rest up for the days ahead at activity-rich Chaa Creek. (D)
Experience a true adventure retreat! Your package includes one full- and one half-day tour (and depending on your choice, you must pay additional government entrance fees and taxes directly on location). Tours feature activities from visits to Mayan ruins and nature reserves to ziplining and cave tubing.
Choose one half-day tour:
- Caves Branch Outpost: 2-hour cave tubing with 20-minute trek ($32.50/person entrance fee, plus $5.00/person PACT (Protected Area Conservation Trust) fee)
- Caves Branch Outpost: 1-hour zip line/zip ride ($59.00/person entrance fee, plus $5.00/person PACT (Protected Area Conservation Trust) fee)
- Calico Jacks Ziplining: 45-minute ‘Explorer’ ($50.00/person entrance fee)
- Calico Jacks Ziplining: 1-hour ‘Intermedio’ ($68.00/person entrance fee)
- Calico Jacks Ziplining: 1.5-hour ‘Ultimo Explorer’ ($75.00/person entrance fee)
- Calico Jacks Ziplining: 2-hour ‘CJV Extreme’ ($101.00/person entrance fee)
- El Pilar Mayan ruins ($5.00/person entrance fee)
- Xunantunich Mayan ruins ($5.00/person entrance fee)
- Barton Creek Cave ($25.00/person entrance fee)
- Cahal Pech Mayan ruins ($25.00/person entrance fee)
Choose one full-day tour:
- Tikal Mayan ruins in Guatemala ($71.25/person entrance fee)
- Mountain Pine Ridge nature reserve ($1.00/person entrance fee)
- Caracol Mayan ruins ($7.50/person entrance fee)
- Pontoon on the Vaca Lake ($75.00/person entrance fee)
- Caves Branch River Cave Expedition ($85.00/person entrance fee)
- Caves Branch Outpost: Cave Tubing & Zip line Combo ($78.00/person entrance fee)
- Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave ($15.00/person entrance fee)
(All entrance fees subject to a 12.5% tax.)
Continue your exploration with the resort’s other included activities available to you—sunset canoeing, horseback riding, early morning birdwatching or a creatures of the night tour, and guided walks in the rainforest, at a butterfly farm, and on a medicinal trail. Take it in! (BLD)
Chaa Creek / Belize City
After breakfast, transfer to the Safari Voyager for your cruise adventure or to the Belize International Airport for your flight home. (B)
Chaa Creek Cottage Collection
Double: $1,360 per person
Single: $1,968 per person
Triple pricing available on request.
Prices valid for travel: October 31 – December 5, 2020
- Meet & greet
- Airport transfers
- Baggage handling
- Listed hotel accommodations and meals
- Hotel taxes/fees
- Gratuities to Chaa Creek staff
- One full-day tour, one half-day tour, and other noted activities
- Flights to/from home city
- Tips to drivers and guides
- Visa and border crossing fees/park entrance fees and taxes
- Alcoholic drinks, sodas, and juices
Rates are per person, based on double occupancy, and in USD.
Deposit Payment: A minimum of 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
Final Payment: Due 60 days prior to stay.
Cancellation Policy: After final payment, cancellations for any reason are subject to a penalty. Cancellations at 60 days or less are nonrefundable.